Sunday 1 April 2007

Another week over... (30/3)

Up and off for another exciting day at work. Well, no. Not really. Just another ho-hum day. I did get to move to a *real* desk now! How exciting is that!? Went down to the pub for lunch with the other guys in the office after being stuck down on the "student counter" for an hour. Was right royally pissed off! Discovered that the Easter break in our office (maybe the whole College) isn't Good Friday/Easter Monday. No! It's bloody Thursday through until next Wednesday (inclusive!). A three-day week this coming week, followed by a two-day week after that! I was thinking it was going to be two four-day weeks, but no. This means for us temps in the office (N=3), we have the luxury of 5 days without pay. Oh, bloody joy! :) I'm going to give the recruitment agent a bell on Monday to see if there's anything at all they may have that I could do during this 'down' period. Hey, can't afford to go anywhere now, so may as well try and get some work in! They finally sorted out my pay cock-up. Oh, what a surprise - it was their fault! ;) I'll get the missing money next week, so yay for that.

It felt weird today, I was there until 5pm (instead of my usual 4.30pm). About 10 of us went out to a couple of bars after work, which was good. Quite a good opportunity to get to know people in the office. Once the girls were *finally* ready, we jumped on the tube and went to the Embankment. Started off at the Ha-Ha Club (or bar or something, definitely the Ha-Ha) and then moved over/up/down/across to a wee wine bar. By about 10.30-10.45pm I'd had enough for the day and a couple of others and I left. Had a good night, so that was alright. Caught the train home, which took forever due to some "investigation on the line" somewhere...so stuck in virtual darkness in the middle of a tunnel somewhere under London for about 15 minutes (by which time I was nearly ready to claw my way out somehow - I really dislike being stuck in confined spaces that you can't get out of!). Ended up home just after 11.30ish it must've been. It's odd being in pubs/bars where you're allowed to smoke (not for too much longer - they're bringing in the smoke-free laws here soon I think). Didn't really like the smell of second-hand smoke on my clothes, but you get that in life...worse things happen at sea!

Seeyabye

No comments: