Thursday 12 April 2007

I am going to kill someone!!! (12/4)

There is an alarm going off somewhere nearby. It is driving me mental! It's been going constantly since I arrived home...an hour and a half ago. I'd shut my window to block out the noise, but it's too hot in the flat and I need the air circulating. My head is starting to hurt from it. Wonder how long, besides too long, it's been going for?

Back to work today. After working out that it'll take me 40 mins to walk to work, I left at 7.30am (giving myself a wee bit of extra time). I was there just on 8am. Don't know how, but I screwed up my calculations there. So, it takes about the same time to walk to work as it does to go on the tube. Ironic, huh. At a time when I was broke, I could've actually saved myself nearly £100 by walking and not tubing. I wasn't going to get a tube pass this week, but I've got three meetings next week at different campuses to where I am, so I'm picking that the tube will be easier in that respect! Must find out where the hell these places actually are, too! Anyhow, the walk to and from work was brilliant. I didn't feel that I was rushing; quite leisurely. Yay for that discovery.

At work, Erica said about how once my contract with Graduate Entry is up she'll be snaffling my time up. I asked when the contract was up (as I don't know this). She didn't know either - but she said that she wasn't going to let me go as her team needs me. We laughed afterwards about how I wasn't allowed to leave. I did say that once they stop giving me money to turn up, I was going to. It was agreed that I made a fair enough comment ;) The desk I now reside in is with the examinations team - they're bloody noisy buggers, but funny too. Not quite sure what happens if I'm still around when the new guy (permanent) starts...guess it'll be back to the 'hot desk' for me :( I did discover today that my phone extension isn't in any loop. This is good. This means that I can't pick up anyone else's phone if they're not at their desk. haha - chalk one up for me! Yay. Worked on the display banners today. Getting sick of trying to find photos that I'm happy with - but just about there!

What else? Ahh, my limited company is just about all sorted out now. Next week will be my first pay through that (how thrilling - there'll only be two days work!). At least I should get an extra couple of quid in the bank each week. Be able to pay back the money owed on the credit card and start putting some aside for the travel. Speaking of travel, don't know if I mentioned this, but the other day I had a look at tours and such in Europe. They're cheaper than I thought they'd be. The cheapest I found to Turkey (6 days, excluding travel to/from Istanbul & sundry things) was £130. Not bad I thought. So now excited about this prospect again ;)
I'm going to go and heat some soup for dinner now. Been nice catching up again.

Seeyabye

PS: will pop all these up after dinner - getting slack again, huh!

No comments: