Sunday 22 April 2007

Happy Birthday Nana Thelma (14/4)

Woke up at some point in the night and must've been a bit thirsty. The two bottles of water in the fridge were only one and a half when I finally surfaced, which just happened to be around 9am-ish. Thought I'd have a quick look online to see if there were any decent-looking jobs going. Nah, not really, but there was one that I'll throw my name in for. So...out comes the million and one variations of my CV to copy and paste...and nearly five bloody hours later, I'm bored with the process and realise that the day's just about over and I haven't even showered or done anything but work on a silly job application. Some of them are just so time consuming! Maybe, if I get a real job I'll never have to do another CV or job application ever again. *sigh* I know, dreams are free ;)

The sun is fair belting down outside today - had a look on the BBC site and turns out we're expecting 25! Lubbly jubbly. No wonder it was feeling warm in this wee room I call home.

I think that I might need to seriously consider the possibility that I might need a new ipod. My ipod shuffle died sometime between leaving Dunedin and arriving in London, so it won't be coming back home with me. And as for my ipod - I've know for a wee while that it's pretty much on its last legs. It doesn't hold enough charge to get me from home to work and back again - and that's with having it off from when I arrive at work until I leave! I'd really like to get a new one, but they seem quite pricey over here - more than at home (or that might just be my poor currency conversion skills). The other option could be to spend £30 on a 2GB memory card for my phone - that way I'll at least be able to put a couple of hundred songs onto it... But the ipod will hold *everything* (8000+) and not *just* a couple of hundred. Not that I really listen to everything - but it's nice to know that if I wanted to, I could. I dunno. We shall see what happens. Now that I'm walking to work, it's an issue. Wouldn't be if I was on the tube (why? who knows?).

Seeyabye

No comments: