Sunday 22 April 2007

Two months down... (15/4)

Well, I've kept these going daily for two entire months. The novelty has well and truly gone. I reckon that, unless something exciting happens in my life (ha bloody ha), I'm going to start doing weekly recaps (an idea stolen from Cass) from now on. Also, it means that Chris won't need to waste so many trees printing out my tripe and sending it down to mother (who WILL be getting the Internet AND using it when I go back home! ;) ).

So...no prizes for guessing how today started. Up, laundry and off for a walk, becoming somewhat of a regular routine (but like I've said, the absolute BEST time to get the washing machine is 7am on a Sunday morning!). I have to say, I really am enjoying going for the walk. The fact that at that hour of the morning there's not much to do around the flat is forcing me to go out. Have been enjoying doing laps around St James's Park, but will be seeking out some new routes soon - maybe on the other side of the Thames - haven't done much exploring over the Vauxhall Bridge, so that could be this weekend's trip.

Jaysus, she's been bloody warm the last few days. Yesterday was about 25 degrees; today about 26 or 27! I'm nearly melting away - haven't done any cooking for God knows how long now - it's just too damn hot to turn the stove or oven on! Investing in a fan could be a good thing if this is a sign of what summer's going to be like! I couldn't be arsed doing anything today, given the heat, so just went and found a nice wee spot in the park (in the shade) and chilled there reading my book. Very, very relaxing (not to the point of falling asleep - there were too many kids making noise about for that).

So, there we have it. The end of the daily ramblings - they'll now become weekly ramblings ;)

Seeyabye

No comments: