Thursday 12 April 2007

Tourists are nuisances (7/4)

Despite today being a brilliant, glorious, sunny day again, I did nothing. Okay, I went out for a wander around, but there wasn't much happening. The loopy's were bugging me too much for my liking. Luckily, I'd set my computer up to download Heroes and Prison Break for me, and it was purring along nicely. While the computer was downloading, I sat back and picked up a book (and then another) - thank God for the box of books at work, I now have a few books to keep me going for a while (at least).

Went down to the Thames and wandered along it today. I'm only like a block or two away from it. A word of advice, don't rely almost exclusively on the London Tube map to get your bearings - it's far from accurate in terms of where places are (not that I'm any better, mind). It was quite pleasant (when the loopys weren't bugging me).

What else. Nothing at all. I must say, I am really enjoying having this time off work (despite moaning about it earlier in the piece). Yes, it would be nice to be paid for it, but at the same time, my finances (short of the wee hiccup with the phone account) are slowly sorting themselves out again. Life is on the up - travel may once again be in my future (and I don't just mean coming back to NZ at the end of October, either).

Yay! Most of my downloads are done...might give up the reading for some TV catch up tomorrow...starting now :) Now, with a slight interruption - Mum called. Neither of us really had anything to say, but again, we managed to waste the time. It's all good though. A break from reading/watching shows is always good :)

Seeyabye

No comments: