Friday 6 April 2007

April Fool's Day (1/4)

All of a sudden my MSN has decided not to log me as "busy" or "away" and as a result, I had three conversations when I surfaced this morning. I had this funny feeling I'd heard them through the night, but didn't think anything of it. Was nice to hear from some (though one little shit was a bit cheeky - but nothing worse than what I do to people. Don't much like the shoe being on the other foot ;) ).

Did my usual Sunday morning routine - up & laundry (ugh!) and then off for an hour & half's walk around St Jame's Park (really, I only to it to catch the eye of Lizzie so she invites me in for a cuppa - it's not too much to ask for now, is it?). Three and a half laps around the park this morning. F'kn knackered at the end of it (usually it's only 2.5!). Think I might go for a walk over to South Bank next week, just for change. I've made a deal with Cass that if I can lose a few kgs (okay, I did specify a number, but don't want to repeat it ;) ) then I would definitely go to her wedding in February (not that she's formally invited me or anything, I'm just inviting myself! haha). Incentive is a good reason to lose weight. So, if I come back to the UK in November, I'll be getting another return ticket back to NZ for the end of February. Whoo - with all this possible travel I might even need to use *both* hands to count all the air points I'll be accumulating (shit - my Koru membership's due this year...oh well, that's what credit cards were invented for!).

When I got back from my jaunt this morning I started chatting to Antoinette online. She's always good for a laugh. Anyway, she mentioned the monument for NZ soldiers (or something like that) in Hyde Park. I've told her I'll spend a day over the Easter break going around taking pics of different things for her, such as the monument - I think I know the one she means. I think I stumbled across it one day when I was lost (which will mean I'll never be able to find it again as this was before I plucked up the courage to pull out the map!) ;) I'm also going to jot down reflections on things for her. Sort of looking forward to that - it'll be fun doing something like that. I can be 'a man on a mission' (the mission being not getting lost - haha). It'll be fun. At some stage after Easter I hope to catch up with cousin Julie (and her hubby I've never met). It must be going on 15 years since I last saw Julie in person! From photos, it's safe to say that she hasn't changed at all (she must get the youth gene from Aunty Helen!). Looking forward to that :)

I have a sore tummy at the moment. I think it has something to do with going out and picking up a couple of punnets of fruit (and eating most of it between the shop & home...and the rest of it at home). Oh well, at least fruit's good for you! I'm going to go and write a few emails now I think (or maybe just continue vegetating on the couch reading my book...hmm, tough decisions in life, huh?). That's what I was going to say the other day. When I went out on Friday night, Leanne & I were asked if we could tell where each other was from. We laughed! People in the office think we sound the same... We did the "fish 'n' chip" test for them - they still couldn't tell the difference between my "fush 'n' chups" and Leanne's "feeesh 'n' cheeeps". So funny. I find it interesting how they could tell that each other had regional accents, but they thought the Aussie & NZ accents were the same. I must ask them tomorrow about the Saffa one...

Seeyabye

No comments: