Friday 6 April 2007

What an odd week (3/4)

It's 'hump day' today. A day earlier than usual. Oh well. Who am I to complain. Now that I've resigned myself to a week without money I kinda don't care. My new philosophy is that there are still plenty more weeks in which to earn a bit of cash. At lunch I was thinking about all the travel I want to do. What I *might* do is consider just saving up over the next three or four months and doing the travelling just before I come home, or in August when Nic's over. That's today's thought, anyhow. Tomorrow's may be entirely different.

They must either like me or have a lot of faith in me at work (or just think that I'm completely stupid and will do anything asked of me...which given how utterly bored I am, I do anyway). I was tinkering with a design for a display stand yesterday and went and showed it to a woman (who seems to be in charge of something important, I'm just not sure what it is). She liked it and we chatted about it a bit more. Then I asked the dumbest possible question (though, in saying that, I did *learn* something from the answer!). I asked her who was sorting out the display stands (including designing the artwork for them, organising the purchasing of them etc). She laughed. I frowned. She told me it was me. I groaned. :) Okay, so it's not really what I want to do - BUT! I get pretty much free reign over it. I can do what I like, and to a point (I'm picking there will be point somewhere), spend as much as I need. Fortunately for them, I also like the challenge of hunting out a good deal. I was told a display stand should cost around £200-300, and we need two of them. I managed to score a deal where if we buy two for £390, we get a third one free. Score. Also, I wangled a deal for the artwork from £85 an hour down to £60. Needles to say, today was a much more fun day after all that.

Went and had lunch in the cafe with Leanne. I had some beautiful Moroccan soup! It's so cheap. For a big bowl of soup and a huge piece of bread, it only stung me £1.80 (I'm sure there was a mistake, but I wasn't complaining). I did find out that there's another bonus to being contract/permanent staff there - cheaper food at the cafe! Obviously temps are the down trodden in the pecking order ;) haha. It's all good. I've seen a couple of jobs that I might apply for (real ones, not just temp ones). Who knows. Still not sure if I want to stay on here or bugger off. I wish decision-making was an easier task. Okay, so I've not even been here two months and I'm trying to plan the next stage in my life...arrgh. I really do hate decisions. One day I'm going to wake up and just DO the first thing that springs to mind (so long as it's not the morning after I've watched a whole heap of horror flicks and decide I want to go on a killing spree!).

Anyhow, I've had enough of the computer now. I want to go back to my book. Much more interesting than the bollocks I've written ;)

Seeyabye

No comments: