Friday 6 April 2007

Happy *mutter* birthday, Melva (2/4)

Did you say it was your 60th or 70th this year? Can't remember (Old-timers must hit at 30...).

What a boring day in the office...again. Sat there and pottered around on my website for a wee bit (trying to look as busy as possible). Actually, despite being bored, I managed to achieve quite a bit. S'funny how that can happen. Be interesting the next couple of days - both my boss and supervisor are away on holiday. Leaves me there, holding the fort (haha).

It was a glorious day today! Fingers crossed for more of the same over the holiday. It's days like this that I, once again, lament the fact that I'm stuck inside and not out doing...most likely nothing, but I could be out enjoying the sunshine. By the time I got home, it wasn't anywhere near as warm as it was at lunch time (funny that). I got off the tube at Victoria (but only because the next tube was going to be about an 11 minute wait and I could walk home in that time). Stopped off via Sainsbury's and picked up a chicken & pasta salad to have with dinner. I'd love to know why makers of such things insist on putting at least one bloody thing I don't like into things. Grr. And before anything's said, no. It has nothing to do with me being the fussiest bugger on the face of the planet (I know at least *one* person fussier...just). In the end, there was way more in the pottle of salad than I thought, so that ended up being dinner. And tasty it was too. Other than that, I sat on my bum and read a book and listened to music. A very quiet night. I was contemplating turning tele on, but I think I've managed to turn myself against the tele. It's been switched off at the wall for nearly three weeks now - an amazing feat for me! Admittingly, I have downloaded the odd episode or two of shows online, but that's been the sum of my TV watching. Just not interested in it. Also, hopefully it means I don't have to pay the TV licence (how archaic - NZ did away with those at least 10 years ago).

Time to finish the last chapter in this book.

Seeyabye

No comments: