Friday 6 April 2007

Happy 21st (plus a couple), Wee-ma (4/4)

What a busy month April is for you, Wee-ma. Work, birthday, Easter, and PhD viva (and prep). How ever do you manage? I struggle with just the birthday in Feb, let alone anything else ;)

Work was so dead today. Well, no. It was quite lively as we all agreed that none of us wanted to be there, so for much of the day it was just general chit-chat. In saying that, I did have a long conversation with Antionette online, and got almost everything my supervisor wanted me to do done! Not bad for someone who wasn't really working. There's only about one and a half things left on my list to do (and they were in the part of the list entitled 'if you have time'). So go me! haha.

Tried to work out a plan of attack for the week off. It did include a day trip down to Brighton but then for some bizarre reason I thought I'd check out my phone account online. Sweet! All the calls I made came to the grand total of £6! That's not too bad. Umm, hello! What's this? Outstanding balance £190? Must be a mistake! Damn, too late to call BT to find out. Shit - puts paid to any plans of spending anything. Looks like I'll be giving them a call in the morning to see what the story is. I hope it's one of two things, 1) a cock-up on their part, 2) mis-reading things on my part, or 3) they send out accounts on a quarterly basis (which would still be too steep). A game of wait and see now. So, back to my plan of attack (revised version). Tomorrow I reckon I'll go and take some piccys of the NZ War Memorial for Antoinette (my 'treasure hunt' day) and generally wander aimlessly. Friday will be my 'do some bloody work, boy' day (i.e. typing up my notes from last week at the library that I couldn't be arsed doing last week; updating my blog with the entries that need to be added (slack, huh), make up a wee album for Antoinette's pics, etc). Saturday I shall endeavour to go walkabout again and find a walking route to work to see how long that takes. Sunday was going to be a day trip to Brighton but I think might just be a "go to the park, sit in the sun and read a book" day. Oh, God...then there's the rest of the week! Dunno about Monday - could be another wander around day. Tuesday & Wednesday could be study days at the library (or just study mornings there and the afternoons something else). Then Thursday it's back to work again, to hear from all the people that managed to get away (Amsterdam, Germany, Paris, Croatia, Belfast, were just some of the places people were going - never mind, my turn will come soon).

Hmm. That's all.

Seeyabye

No comments: