Sunday 1 April 2007

Happy 30th, Bee & 35th, P.Jerz (31/3)

Yep, not one, but TWO birthday's today. First up, Bee. I guess she's lucky that she's lived to see this ripe old age. Seriously, the number of times I could've killed her during the 8 years we flatted together (hmm, I guess I'm luckier than her then in that respect...). Now she's the bane of her parent's life again. Poor Lindsay & Val. Second up, Lisa. I almost forgot about it too! Well, I like to think I didn't know about it and that she's only decided this year to celebrate today (makes me feel better ;) ). Have a good one, P. Jerz (and for those wondering, P. Jerz came about from me calling Lisa 'Jersey' (since that's where she's from), and then she went and became a Professor, so it was Prof Jersey for a while...now, in true rapper style, she's P. Jerz).

For those of you who don't know Lisa, she's Jeff's wife. If you don't know Jeff, he's Lisa's husband. Sorted? Good! (short story - both top-notch peoples in my book!). I've decided that the reason Lisa seemed to like Bee is that they share the same birthday - there can be no other explanation for it.

Actually, people having birthdays is a good thing! It a) gives me a subject line, and b) gives me a chance to 'pad out' entries that could be mightily thin otherwise. True story ('cos I said it is!). So, when there are TWO birthdays, I go absolutely mad(der than usual).

Up and about nice & early today...well, okay then, 9ish. Went back to the library to do some work. Was there for nearly 5 hours, but don't feel that today was as productive as last week, for some reason. Found some good stuff for my thesis (when I get to it, that is) and some other things that I've got to see if I can access through Otago (fingers crossed). Only have about 5 or 6 pages of notes to try and decipher at some point. I could just take my laptop in with me, but it's just as quick for me to handwrite the notes - especially as I'll have a thought and scribble it down on a different piece of paper. It's my system; it seems to be working for me...for the time being.

When I got home from the library my intention was to go straight to the supermarket and grab a few groceries. I changed my mind... Instead of going straight to the supermarket, I came home and attacked my belt with a knife. I've had to add an extra hole - my bloody jeans and trousers keep slipping down and it's starting to piss me off. So, yay! They now stay up (though I don't mind adding a hole to go 'tighter' - adding a hole to give more room I'd protest more about ;) ).

Oh, bugger. I've just thought. I think I've slipped behind in keeping these up-to-date. Not so much writing them up in my file, but uploading them to the 'net. I have a feeling that the last one was about Tuesday. That'll give me something to do later on I guess.

Seeyabye

No comments: