Thursday 12 April 2007

Easter Monday (9/4)

Whoo! Another sunny day! If there *is* a God, he's definitely in my good books at the moment. Having had such a dismal summer back home (yes, yes. I know there were some nice days - but this is like the...kabillionth day of sun in a row (just as an aside, kabillionth may be just a tad on the high side, I'd most likely say about 6th or 7th)).

What did I do today? Well! Nothing. Oh, that's a lie. I went and got myself some groceries. How thrilling was that? Why, when a supermarket is closed for ONE day, do people go mad before and after said closure? I went because I hadn't been since the Saturday or Sunday before Easter. I had an excuse. Others didn't appear to have one. One old biddy was muttering about how inconsiderate it is closing. Inconsiderate? In what way? I'm the most uninterested-in-religion person I know (so what if I don't know that many people), but even *I* can accept that the stores are closed in observation of the death(? - no, re-awakening - you know better than I) of ol' JC himself (if he existed; thus far nothing seems to point to his existence in my humble opinion). I think it's VERY considerate to close stores for a couple of measley days a year. What about the staff who want to spend time with their families (or out in the sun when it's sunny)? Bloody old people need put down (not all, just the ones that moan a lot - oh, and just by the way, I'm not moaning...I'm grumbling). Anyhow, after grocery shopping (which I hate with a passion), I came home and sat in the sun reading...again. Oh, I was naughty and had a lovely big Easter egg (not really big, but it sounds better if you imagine a really HUGE Easter egg). After it, I felt terribly ill. A couple of hours later I had these pastry things (for lack of a better word) that also made me feel sick. I've now concluded that my body must hate me. It's rejecting all the *good* things in life. I guess it might know better than I, but still - why the good things, huh?

Anyhow, did the dishes, listened to music, read, slept. The rest of my day in less than 10 words. Wait! Hold the press! How could I have possibly forgotten? I spent two f***ing hours ironing! I loathe it. I really, truly, honestly do. More than anything or anyone on the face of this planet. Arrrgh. Wouldn't have been so bad had I not left it for a couple of weeks ;) I guess the phrase 'mea culpa' is applicable here ;)

Seeyabye

No comments: