Thursday 12 April 2007

Eureka (10/4)

Found this website today that allows you to plug in a route (for me, walking) and tells you how far it actually is. If, by chance, I have lost weight, it's no wonder! My Sunday morning damned-washing-machine-takes-forever-to-do-its-thing walks, which I didn't think were terribly far, are in fact 6.4 miles! Yay for me. I then plotted my route to work (walking, not the tube one) and it's about 2.3 miles (so if I walk to and from work each day, it's about 4.5 miles). I'm going to get fit if it kills me (and given the number of fit people that die each year, it most likely will. I have it on good authority that Death isn't picky). Not bad for me...that's something like about 30 miles a week I'll be walking (so about...I dunno - I had it sorted in my head the other day, maybe about 45km? If not 45, then less. Arrgh, why can't the English move to a *normal* measurement system?).

Apart from that, I did S.F.A today. More reading, a bit of chatting online, music listening, and that's about it. One day I'll get out and do something excitingly thrilling...until then, I won't.

Short & sweet today (as this prolonged holiday with no money is becoming tedious).

Seeyabye

No comments: