Wednesday 14 March 2007

EP. Phone home... (6/3)

What a boring day. I've had to hang around waiting for the BT man to come. Ahh, well. Another chance to try & figure out this f'king washing machine... Heh. Y'know the other day I said I did exactly what I did the time before? Yeah, turns out I forgot one step. Oops. All sussed now :) Gotta wonder about some people, huh. And obviously when I was down doing laundry the post came and I have a parcel that needs signing for (but they didn't say where it is...they never ticked that box - wonder if they'll try again). C'mon - who loves me enough to be sending me care parcels? I know the answer to this question! None of you! For shame! It'll be the phone from BT. Time to wait and see what to do. If they don't call back, then I'll just stroll around to the Delivery Centre and hope it's there - in between waiting for the BT man to come around, of course. Have been playing solitaire and listening to music on the computer. Must say, I'm getting better - not at solitaire (think I'm getting worse at that!), at listening to music ;)

Ended up going stir crazy so did go for a walk to the post office to pick up my parcel. As per usual, I was right - it was just the phone from BT. I'd only *just* stepped into the flat when my mobile went of - the guys from BT had just arrived as well. Talk about top notch timing on both parts. As I type they're down in the basement looking at connections. There better bloody well have been a connection in this flat - I don't particularly like the idea of having to fork out £125 to get a new connection...but if needs must... (reality: can't live without the Internet so will pay to get it!). Turns out there was a connection and I'm all sorted - a link to the world, so to speak.

Also waiting for the lady from yesterday to call back about the possible job that she was hoping would come up. If it doesn't, I'll be on her case for a job tout suite. Dunno if you've detected or not, but I'm starting to get a bit sick of not working. I now consider temping on Friday cruelty. It gave me a small taste of the real world...but only for the day :( I shall keep praying (haha - as if!). Maybe I *should* head along to the church services on Sunday. Nah. I couldn't see myself doing that. Seems just a wee bit overboard (desperate, whatever you like to call it). Besides which, I'd be terrified the bloody place would fall down if I went to an actual service (it's bad enough just walking into one - I'm sure I can hear the building creaking; readying itself to crumble down if I stay too long). Just unpackaged the new phone. Jesus Christ! It can hold a SIM card (why? Why would I put a SIM card into the phone? What would the purpose of that be? It's already in a phone, is it not (well, not my NZ one, it's in a plastic case somewhere over there *indicates behind me somewhere* - maybe I could put it in the new phone...though still not sure why. Will read the instruction booklet, I guess (not that I am greatly inclined to read those stupid things!)... So, I picked up the manual and had a look through it (note: I didn't read it, just skimmed it - there weren't enough piccys to only look at them). Sounds OK - can save phone numbers from SIM to the phone...maybe I'll relent and give it a crack. What a waste of my time *that* was. My NZ SIM doesn't work. Bollocks to it then. At least I have a working phone! Whoo! Internet, here I come ;)

Hmm, might have tomato soup for dinner tonight...thought I'd share that with anyone who cares. Nah, not anyone who cares, more like anyone who reads this tripe ;)

Seeyabye

No comments: