Wednesday 14 March 2007

More applications... (7/3)

I'm starting to get very proficient at applying for jobs. Must've been about another 12 or so I applied for today. Just throwing caution to the wind and applying for nearly anything that sounds like it could be interesting. Getting a bit sick of re-writing the same BS about how wonderful I am. Oh, one job I applied for was a proofreader. God - imagine how boring that could be (depending on what you're proofing of course). Tomorrow (Thursday? Starting to lose track of the days as they all blur into one) I'm going to email the agencies and tell them I'm desperate for something. Honestly, this boredom lark is, well, tedious! (Ha! Bet you thought I was going to say boring). Might also go into the bank and see if my credit card's there yet...hmm, I wonder if that's why they rang me the other day. They said it was a PIN, but I already had that. Gee, just shows how quick off the mark I am...nearly a week later the penny drops ;)

Called BT this morning to get broadband sorted out. So funny, the lady was rattling off all these options and I started to zone out. Went for the fastest/unlimited option in the end (I think). It sounds weird, but I'm getting another phone & phone line - not 100% sure what the hell that's all about. Something about cheaper calls than the landline (a way to compete with Skype, perhaps?). We shall see when it arrives I guess. Which is another thing that grots me. I've got to wait until next bloody Wednesday (by 8pm, apparently) until I'm connected. That's an entire week! Gee, they like making people wait. I did ask if there was any chance of getting hooked up sooner but was told it has something to do with who their supplier is (or some shite like that - zoned out again). Had to sign up for a 12 month contract as that was the minimum. Asked about buying out of the contract if I were to stay back in NZ and that's OK with them - the lady was surprised I even mentioned it (maybe I should've kept mum about it? Nah - pays to be honest & up front). I do have, however, until next Tuesday to change my mind and cancel the Internet - but why would I cut my lifeline to the world? Wouldn't that just be a silly thing to do? ;)

Apart from going around to the Internet cafe this afternoon, I've done nothing. Absolutely nothing. Just sat in front of the computer playing solitaire & listening to music. See, if I had the Internet at home I'd be job hunting and not just procrastinating. Oh, that reminds me - I downloaded some application forms to work on at home. Might bugger off and work on them now (saves me playing solitaire - which, I feel I'm getting worse at. Maybe it's just lack of concentration). Gosh, it's even going to be a surprise what these jobs are now... I was just going to spin this big story about how exciting they were...but they weren't, so I won't. One I know I won't get (but I'll still put in for it!). It sounds similar to what I've been doing (sort of), but on a larger scale. Why don't I think I'll get it? Well, the salary kinda makes me think there's more to things than what's written in the job description. Starting at £44k, I think I'd be bloody lucky to get a look in (but wouldn't that be grand!).

Had the scrummiest dinner tonight. Amazing what I can whip up when I can be arsed! Nothing flash, but yummy nevertheless. It was just a tomato bolognaise with rice and a side salad (I didn't make that - just pulled the leaves out of the bag). Watched a bit of tele. I can see why Dot & co enjoy 'Top Gear'. Shit it was so funny tonight. The three guys each made (not sure if they did it themselves or designed & oversaw - missed the start) a limo and put them through some tests. Nearly wetting myself with laughter. Murphy's law though. I just find something I enjoy only to find out that it was the last episode of the season. I normally like the Irish, but Murphy is getting on my wick! ;) Comic Relief is on next Friday (I think; next week anyhow). It's sort of a Telethon-y type show. Big names get behind it by doing skits and stuff (apparently the Top Gear blokes are doing something). All for charity...I think it's tied in to Red Nose Day. Don't quite follow, but nevertobeminding. Oh, channel surfing made me laugh. Jason Donovan was hosting the lottery (Lotto & some other lottery things I couldn't work out). The years haven't shown him the same kindness they have with Kylie! (Mind you, wasn't he a big druggie at one point?). Now, another thing to add to my list of things to do tomorrow is to go to the post office (now I know where one is in this neighbourhood (and no, Mum, I can't say it's 'just around the corner' - it's a couple of blocks away, but not too far)). I think I only mention that in the hopes I'll remember. Ah ha! Maybe if I take the card I want to post then I *will* remember (good job I put a note in it saying it'd take me a while to post it!). Who knows?

Seeyabye

No comments: