Wednesday 14 March 2007

Oh boy! (12/3)

Right. One thing that's bugging me is people who call me and say that I applied with a job through them. Hello! I've applied for more than just *ONE* job. Sheesh. This bird from yet another recruitment crowd called me this morning to say that she'd received my CV and she praised it up more than I think she should've. Apparently it's a very "solid" CV. What does this mean? Well, that's today's million dollar (or pound - I'd rather have pounds given the choice, thanks) question. Does it mean that it "looks" good? Does it mean that I've been had a "steady" or "stable" work history? C'mon people. Stop telling me how wonderful I am (on paper) - I know this, and I make sure everyone who knows me knows this as well ;) I need something to do. Even job hunting's becoming a bore... The more time I have on my hands, the less I want to do (even though there's stuff to do). It's funny, isn't it. When you're as busy as anything, you don't have time to do all you want to do; when you're not busy and have all the time in the world, you can't be bothered. Another of life's little mysteries. So. This morning I sat in front of the (Internet-less) computer playing games - but not solitaire...I'm solitaired out (well, if I had a deck of cards, I'd be playing different variations). I discovered about 4 or 5 new games on my computer - only demo versions, but still a bit of variation nevertheless (is that one word, or does it utilise hyphens? Hmm.). I've also been answering my phone - one poor recruitment chick kept hitting redial and getting me. So funny. Especially when I answered, "You've hit redial again". I think her face was red ;) Called the one who talked about the 3 month contract to see how that was coming along. Apparently she fired my CV off so quickly the poor guy didn't know what hit him. She'll chase it up again for me today. Still keeping fingers crossed there.

For all my grumblings with BT about the phone line and Internet (well, how long they've taken to get them connected), they're actually rather efficient. Sort of. What I mean is that I've had about 3 text messages from them about the Internet telling me when it should be available and who to contact if it's not; that the modem etc will be delivered by registered mail and I'll need to sign for it; and something else - oh, another reminder that it'll be connected by 8pm Weds.

With all this time on my hands (and the fact we've had such a brilliant weekend, and today's just as good) I've been thinking about people in Dunedin and how if they were here we could've gone for liquid lunches in the sun at the pub or coffees or a glass of wine after work (well, you know what the unemployed bum is meaning). Oh, Ros - I still have that tenner set aside for the first couple of glasses of wine here (only had beer so far) - will make sure I enjoy and raise a glass to you :) Apart from people, I don't think I'm missing NZ at all. And here I was thinking I'd be really homesick and itching to get home! Nope. I was contemplating life from November (if I'm not going to come back). Having lived in London, I don't think I'd want to go anywhere in the South Island, so it'll most likely be a coin toss between Wellington and Sydney (I know, Sydney's not in NZ, but it's one of my options). Who knows. I've got to see what happens over the next few months. Oh, I know. I *could* move back to the happening metropolis of BLUFF! Hahaha - good to know that my sense of humour still exists ;) Anyhow, this is what I was telling someone - I have to have things planned out. I'm not a fan of surprises or the unknown. Uncertainty and I don't see eye-to-eye.

As I've just devoured yet more strawberries, rasperries and grapes I've just realised that I'm going to end up with a whole year of berries and summer fruits - yeeeehaaaa! They're quite cheap over here too. A big punnet (or chip - whatever you want to call it) of seedless grapes (mix of red & green) only costs £1.80. Strawberries & raspberries are only around £2 as well. Life couldn't get better :)

Got a call for a job tomorrow morning. Only £7/hr - hardly worth getting out of bed for...wait! Compared to the £0 that I've been getting out of bed for the last few mornings, I don't think I'll be doing too much complaining ;) It's only data entry - min 4hrs, but apparently they give more work if they have it...a 'play it by ear' type job. Never did get a call back from the other recruitment bird. I shall be patient - she knows I'm itching to get back into work :) Oh, shit! I forgot to get my tube pass today. Gee, thanks for reminding me, yeah ;) I'll have to be organised and get it tomorrow morning (no use getting it tonight - it'd be a waste of a day!).

Seeyabye

No comments: