Tuesday 27 March 2007

Sitting & reading (24/3)

Well, after having a lovely wee sleep in (well, to 9am), I surfaced and then pottered around before heading into the Institute of Education's library. I've been looking forward to getting into their resources, and now I have! I'm a "research associate" member (i.e., freebie!). Only problem is I can't take books out, which isn't really a problem, and I can't access their electronic resources. This pisses me off, sadly. Spent about 4 hours there reading and sifting through the shelves. They have 5 floors of resources! It's like being in heaven. The best part, for an education library, is that they don't have a hell of a lot of kiddies books - they've got a bit, but not to extremes. It's a real 'academic' kind of library with some amazing stuff. I'm going to make it a weekly visit - try to spend at least one day there a week (or if I happen to go away for a weekend, then an evening or two). I was surprised at how productive I was there. Admittingly, I could've been more productive if so many interesting books hadn't jumped off the shelves into my hands ;) Nah, I spent a bit of time just trying to get the lay of the land, so to speak.

It was a nice looking day outside so I didn't worry about taking a jacket with me, just my short-sleeved top. Once again, everyone else was all wrapped up against the cold (there was a wee bit of a nippy wind, but nothing worth throwing a coat on for!). I can't get over how soft they are over here ;)

Wandered around, came home and started to read a book and then something really odd happened. My eyes were forced shut by this powerful force...and I drifted off to sleep ;) Woke up when the phone rang - talked to Mum for a bit and then it was bed time.

I wish I had a few quid up my sleeve, just to do something different. Nevermind - next week is pay day! Hallelujah!

Seeyabye

No comments: