Wednesday 14 March 2007

The Lord's day...again (11/3)

Was up nice & early this morning. Had to be. Wanted to do my laundry! Stupid bloody machine. Forgot to press a button (to say, "quick wash please Mr Machine") and it took 2 hours. TWO HOURS! I ask you! It's a bit bloody OTT if you ask me. Nevermind. Another load done, so I'm happy (with nice, clean clothes). I was telling Chris last night (wasn't that nice of my big sister to call me) that I don't need to use the dryer - clothes seem to be drying overnight. Even my jeans! Life's all good. I was telling her something else, too. Forgotten. Oh, that's right! How could I forget. She asked whether I had a view (being on the top storey and all). I told her all I could see were the buildings over the road and if I sort of stuck my head out the window a wee bit, the church down the road. Turns out (and it's amazing what you can discover when you're working on your studies) that there's a brilliant view of the sky! Okay, I did know this - didn't see the point in mentioning it to Chris. But the cool part is that you can see the planes heading for Heathrow...as well as the ones that are in the holding pattern waiting to land. It was very interesting. There are so bloody many that go into the airport that time just flew by (no pun intended) as I watched them. Needles to say, not much skool work did get done.

Went down to the Internet cafe and spent a couple of hours there - not really sure how the time vanished as quickly as it did, but it did. Then went off to the supermarket (again - this week's been rather expensive on the grocery front...but I shouldn't need anything for a while, so it's all good). Oh, I did get a set of pots, that added to the cost a wee bit (okay, only £9, but it makes me feel better to say they added a lot). I'm starting to figure out where things are in the supermarket. I knew I liked routine, but God I hate having to try and familiarise myself with a new supermarket! It'd most likely be easier if I actually remembered to take my shopping list with me, but I haven't quite managed that yet ;) Got home, unpacked everything and then started doing some readings (until I got sidetracked by all the planes coming in).

Did you know that eating is a dangerous thing to do. Perhaps not so much the physical act of eating (unless you choke on something, that's not good). I was putting the top back on the olive oil while doing something else. End result - half a bottle of oil all over the bench (not quite half, but closer to a half than not). As I was cursing about that, the pot that was on the boil started to boil over. One hand was mopping up the oil, the other was moving the pot off the element. What was my head doing? Just whacking itself into the bloody rangehood thing! Goddamn it hurt! Phew! Just did a quick check of the damage - at least there's a small egg on the head to prove that it hit and it hit hard :) The only consolation about all of this was that nothing else has gone wrong this evening (don't need to touch wood - just checked and there is damage to the ol' noggin' ;) ). I did enjoy dinner - despite all the mess that I can't see ('cos my back is to it! Remember kids, if you can't see it then it's not there...until you turn around :s ).

On that happy note, I guess I should do the dishes and contemplate how to spend my day tomorrow (and pray hard that I get a job :) ). Oh, I got my National Insurance Number in the post yesterday (forgot to open mail yesterday - also got a payslip from the day temping (£60 in hand - no tax...not sure if I should be worried, but I guess they know what they're doing), and a letter from BT telling me what they told me on the phone the other day about my Internet connection). I guess if'n I'm still unemployed I shall email all the recruitment people and tell them to pull their fingers out of their butts and get me a decent job...or just let them know my National Insurance number. Enjoy your...whatever (day/evening). As Rove would say, "Say hi to your mum for me" (Chris & Joss, you can say hi to my mum too :) ;) ).

Seeyabye

No comments: