Wednesday 14 March 2007

Pissing down (28/2)

It was fair pissing down when I woke up this morning. One of the good things about not having a job is that I was able to just roll over and snuggle back down in bed. Actually, that's not quite how it happened. I had to get up, go to the loo, find the book I wanted to read, try to get comfortable, realise I wanted music on so got up and sorted that out, then had to try to get comfortable again, *then* I snuggled back down. When I did finally surface, I went down to the laundry and threw a load on. It's going to be good not having to pay ridiculous prices (like I paid at the hotel) to do my washing. Who cares if I have to hang it up in the flat, so long as it gets done, that's the main thing ;) Went back upstairs and continued reading. Then went out later on to find the nearest Internet cafe (take your pick!). Found one the one that was recommended by the property agents - really quick Internet (I think that's what Telecom's broadband is supposed to be like...). £1.50/hr, there are cheaper around, but this place has quick Internet and is cleaner than some I've been into. It'd been over 24hrs since I'd last checked my email. I most likely could've left it another bloody 24 - thanks people ;) Haha. There were a couple of funny things (e-card, jokes etc). No email saying "Phil, have this job - £100k/yr and you only have to come into the office one day a month"...okay, so that may be wishful thinking ;) Flicked off a few emails - amazing how quickly an hour goes. The good thing about going to the Internet cafe and leaving when I did was that I managed to do it all in between two massive downpours! It was cool, there was even a bit of thunder to stir things up a bit. Bugger - forgot to check the weather forecast for the next few days. Couldn't be arsed going out again to get some pots or pans, so had salad filled pita pockets for dinner. I'm starting to get used to living like a rabbit (though the two containers of soup that are sitting in the fridge are starting to look rather appealing too). Essentially, if I don't have the pots, I'm not cooking unhealthy things. When I feel the need to devour a cow, then I'll rush out and buy one and a couple of pans to cook it in ;)

Oh, managaged to finish that book today. Might have to find a 2nd hand bookstore soon. Either that, or start working on my PhD. I did put some thought into that yesterday/this morning. It's true! If you don't believe me, ask Jeff (I sent him an email about it). Actually, I'd most likely be better off doing that anyway, working on my PhD I mean. Meh, it's only something to do when bored, not like my career (haha) depends on it or anything. It will get done. Might not be today, might not be tomorrow (I can guarantee it won't be either for that matter), but it will happen. All good things take time...so the theory goes.

Might hit the sack now, nothing else to do. There doesn't seem to be much on TV here - ER's on a channel that I don't have (or can't find - not sure which). Other shows that I was watching at home I have seen advertised, but haven't found them either. I guess if I actually turned the tele on to look for them...

Seeyabye

No comments: