Monday 19 March 2007

One month! Already! (18/3)

Ahh - it's been an entire month since I arrived. In that time I've earned the grand sum of £109! Let's not go working out an hourly rate on that! ;)

I've found that people in this building don't get up early on Sundays. Normally I wouldn't either, but I've discovered it's a good time to throw the laundry in! Guess how my day started then ;) Decided that instead of wasting the couple of hours it takes to do one load I would go for a walk. So off I did go. It's SO quiet at 7.15am on a Sunday morning here! Actually, it is in most places I'm picking. Went to St Jame's Park - power walked around the block there (the outside of the park) and realised it'd only been about 30mins since I'd left...so did a lap around the pond (inner circle)...and a half lap of the inner circle (someone forgot that the outer circle is bigger than the inner circle!). Went home after that. Very red-faced, hair a bloody mess (forgot that I hadn't showered, therefore hadn't done my hair! - Luckily it was windy, so that was my excuse ;) ). Got home & thought, "perfect timing, I'll get my laundry - it'll just be finishing" - and 15 mins later, it was. Bloody hell! I know Suzanne said to put a 1/2 day aside.

After that, what did I do? Just pottered around. Cleaned...again. For a small place, it gets messy damned quickly. The fact that I've been lazy with dishes of late didn't help matters. Replied to a few emails (despite having the Internet at home, I've been a bit tardy in replying). Went for a short walk - literally around the corner and back again. It was bloody cold (and it's only going to get worse over the next few days :( ). I wanted to go to a store to pick up an iron. The store is closed on Sundays (I checked on my first walk). Damn. Gonna need one soon. Think I can get away with not ironing shirts for the next three days... Gonna head into a department store after work tomorrow and pick up a duvet cover and a couple of other things.

Another boring entry. You can't say you're not up to speed with things. Wait until I start earning - then I can afford to do things :) Hopefully ;)

Seeyabye (clicking "save" this time!)

No comments: